Riley's Chauffeurs on Departure Day

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Two Glacier Comparisons

Archive photos (above) always seem to have more snow...


and (above) the same view in a warmer, drier climate.

These were comparison shots, old and new taken in Glacier of my sister and father. I located nearly the exact same spot and re-photographed again from nearly the vantage point...

 There's also an old B/W of my sister and I playing at our parent's campsite just a couple of miles from our recent spot this year (somebody had taken that old one) We created a rock path ourselves to guide future campers towards the little river. That rock path still exists today, added to by other campers. The parting shot is of my father near the top of Glacier's Continental Divide ....with his Super 8 camera. ( I still use that old camera case for my binoculars.)

VIDEO: We took this one to capture the beauty at the park nearing the Continental Divide:









No comments:

Post a Comment