Riley's Chauffeurs on Departure Day

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Aliens of Roswell, Riley's Private Swim, Trailer Flat Tire

Did you know that one of us has a soft spot for aliens? I grew up in Roswell (in the years before Roswell knew what exactly to do with it's alien past), but it was Alaska native Layli, who finally brought me around to see the green glow. For those of you who haven't entered Roswell's UFO Museum & Research Center, I'll have you know that it is DOG FRIENDLY. You can bring your animal in, and march him right through the whole museum and gift shop. He will even get biscuits, (but not the alien-shaped ones). The Museum has now taken over the classic 1960s old time downtown theater building, where as a kid, I saw the movie "It's a Mad, Mad World." Who would have thunk?



Did we buy stuff there? Yeah we bought stuff there. Layli bought a sand candle (not so alien) and I bought a frisbee that lights up with little flashing LED lights, powered by a button battery mounted in its center (very alien, I would say....) This illuminated frisbee concept was something several of my friends imagined possible decades ago, but somebody actually took the time to create it, (and then I bought it). Since Layli is quite the capable frisbee thrower (seriously!) ... I am looking forward to freaking out random people at dusk time various times as much as possible. But in the end, it is Layli who loves the aliens the most. (If this continues, I will just help her welcome them into our lives, but I might retire to the kitchen when I run out of interstellar conversation.) Heh, sometimes newly discovered things about your wife will wow you.

Next, it would be Riley's new adventure:


Later that day, in north Roswell, while we ate lunch, Riley was invited for a private swim in a very fancy private pool. Our photographic evidence shows what a good time he had. It was Riley's day off from his job as a mobile dog crate manager.


Actually, I was able to meet for lunch with one of my Mom's dear friends from my "Roswell growing up days." She offered us a wonderful lunch, the conversation was great, and her grandchildren loved watching Riley in the pool, as their own two dogs were not water dogs.

Once departed from Roswell, and after exploring the mountains of Ruidoso, our aluminum "bring more stuff" trailer decided to give up it's left tire for good. You see, they spin a lot faster than the car tires, and apparently the left one decided to vaporize in Carrizozzo, New Mexico. I already had a complete new set for this not eagerly anticipated occasion, so we only lost about 50 minutes during the tire-ectomy procedure.


With fresh tires, soon the blue highway was calling us again, and before we knew it, we were bound for Albuquerque, watching the sun set as we rolled into town. It was truly an "otherworldly" day here in the "land of enchantment".

No comments:

Post a Comment