Riley's Chauffeurs on Departure Day

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Then & Now" (a side bar to the "ABQ lights" post

Cahoon Park, Roswell, New Mexico.

I am on a small bridge in Roswell's Cahoon park (near the pool where my childhood swim team practices occurred), and where I had many pre-teen birthday parties. Now, as you look at the black and white photo (2nd picture) you'll flash back in time to the exact same spot.


In the BW archive photo, I am at the exact same bridge buddies Mark and Gary, and below the bridge is my sister Julie with her pal Marcy. My favorite birthday present that day was an AMT model kit of a 1967 Mustang GT. Would I love to own that car now!

We stayed in a condo in Sante Fe the night after Albuquerque. Here is a little taste of the charm of the courtyard scene:



1 comment:

  1. I would love to own that car, too! One day maybe we can each have one. We will go cruisin' every weekend!

    ReplyDelete